Entrance ticket: Nirva and Meghan conversation recap. Email them both and thank them for coming (mention something specifically that they said or helped you understand). Email addresses in Slack.
- On the sharing document. What happened? How to focus it some more.
- Look at progress on city council project
- Single serve flag site based on Ds1
- “We share” website…
For next week
- Ian Lynam piece on Tokyo identity and a related printed piece
- I voted logo contest
- “Contest” for RI sticker tweet
- John Oliver on New Zealand flag design contest
- Recent email from Brown prof and the one I emailed you.
- Clay Shirky on professions
Take a position: write a single page of text with your position on crowdsourcing. Is it ever acceptable to crowd-source designs or to have the masses vote on designs created by discrete entities? Do your own reading as well. We will synthesize your writing into a single manifesto for posting. Put your writing in paragraphs where each paragraph is a point you’re trying to make.
Add to Untitled Park post
- Put in GitHub
- Garnering participation / Digital to Physical / Discussion platforms as additional themes
- Oct. 30: Visit by John Marion of Common Cause RI and Jodi Leo on a digital “I voted” sticker
- Four classes left thereafter: Nov 6, Nov 13, Nov 27, Dec 4
If you know any artists (including yourselves) interested in creating a logo for the Brown University Mindfulness Center, we have a competition going on now at 99designs.com for $299. The link is here, and the first design drafts are due in four days. Please feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested! It would be nice for us to have a personal connection to the designer.
- Physical materials a big deal in communicating with people.
- Email vs . Annual communication…. Who is your councilperson… A lot of informal communication ….
There is conversation before meetings